Thursday, May 14, 2009

Midstate Oregon and Portland

When I pitched my tent that evening I had tried placing the tent in a spot the sun strikes. With only one tree next to the spot, I chose poorly. The dew quickly dried after moving it into the sun, no problem. I just didn't stir as quickly. I wasn't particularly in a hurry. I just knew this was probably my last night camping.


I packed up and headed north, the final goal exceptionally close. I arrived in Eugene about three hours later and spent a bit of time there but it was at such a time that I didn't really want to stay. Portland was so close! A mere 100 miles away! But at the same time I didn't want to arrive in the evening either. I made the decision to ride north til I felt daylight had run out. I made it just 20 miles shy of Salem, 70 miles to Portland. Not much to say about that area regarding scenery. I didn't stop and pop any photos, really. The goal was about reached and couldn't pause to take pictures of fields and sheep. I stayed at a hotel (gasp!), allowing for a shower and semi-proper bed.

I got up the next and headed on up, the goal to arrive by Noon. After a rather uneventful hour and a half...
My Portland Arrival
I arrived at 11:57 am at my destination at the hostel I was staying at!

Now how can you celebrate such a thing? Well, you can have some awesome drinking chocolate...
Drinking Chocolate and Vespa

Or how about some excellent sake? Sayuri. Highly recommend it...
Sayuri

So here I am. Have been for a week. I got a place month to month and Monday will start the intense jobsearch, although I plan to get a resume out tomorrow for an available position. Will he score? I'll be the first to let you know! :)

No comments: