Saturday, August 15, 2009

Knowledge, Creativity and where they meet

You know, I love caffeine.

There's something about the fire it lights between the synapses that just makes me aware of so many things that I'm in the middle of, things I could learn and things I could be making. This is rarely surrounded much by negative waves...



...and it really wasn't today either. I was well aware that as soon as the three shots of espresso kicked in an outlet for the inspiration would be taken out by pencil on paper. But since I was thinking about the inspiration when the caffeine kicked in, I concentrated on that and cross-referenced it with things that have skimming the top of my head, specifically things that I've wanted to do but haven't for the same reason that we all don't do these things; Time.

Today's excuse is of course being on the road. That argument holds no water. I have the internet. Why can't I learn a word or two of German a day? Why can't I learn about how a capacitor works?



I have no time, yet there are long periods of boredom. There are all these interesting things I want to do but for some odd reason I'm not making an effort. I figure the most obvious way around the problem is to go to school. When you're paying for it and it's on the schedule, you follow through. But I'm going to try to do is breath new life into the blog and try and learn something each day.

It's a small thing to learn that the German word 'nagel bett' means 'nail bed' (An odd thing to start out with, yes. Just happen to be watching The Big Lebowski with a friend and it was in there.) but it's more than I knew 20 minutes ago. if I can hold onto it, I'm a little bit closer to speaking German. If I learn another language, it will probably make learning other languages moderately easier.

So expect a new small challenge each day. It might be super-easy, it might not. If I have internet connection, I will post though. Play along if you'd like...

No comments: